Motivation

Today is one of those days when my head is so flooded that I can hardly think straight. I am beginning my second month of working from home and trying to secure freelance design work and I am about to launch my website, yuppeeee! But, it still isn't moving fast enough for me, I just feel kind of restless. I hadn't anticipated the loneliness that comes with working from home, especially if you are a very social person like me (my friends would be surprised to hear me say that) but I enjoy people more and more as I get older. I have met some great people in the blog world though, that has been great. Anyone have any advice on how to not go crazy from working on freelance basis? ( I am reading Creatively Self Employed) and it is a great book for anyone who has taken the plunge. I am working on even more color studies, so I thought I would share this one :)

Comments

  1. I agree it can get lonely. I'm a loner, though, so it's not too bad for me. I have a friend who freelances as well and sometimes we work together on projects. And sometimes we meet for lunch and work at the same time (at Panera Bread). It's nice to work in a setting where there are other people around sometimes. Or I'll call some of my designer friends so we can vent about different things and I get my "fix" of design shop talk. Keeping the music on for background noise helps and I don't hesitate to sing out loud or talk to myself. I'm a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! About motivation, I have worked from home for more years than I care to mention. I absolutely love it and always have. I never ever feel lonely. Unmotivated yes. Procrastinating activities, yes. Unbridaled busy, busy thoughts, in so many directions, yes, whether based in creativity, marketing, or other discipline, there are so many parts and pieces to having your own business, the day can always be very busy.

    Me, I say enjoy your alone time, it's very precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts