Monday, June 27

Su Su Studio

My big news is that I am moving into my own studio, in Decatur, and will be having events, shows, sales, you name it! Local art lovers rejoice, everyone else also rejoice, I demand it.


It is a loft apartment, in a quiet building built as a factory in the 20's, near lots of yummy lunch places and a great place to walk the doggies, who will be hanging with me here every day. I have tons of room, and LOTS of storage. I get to hire another helper! Also, we now have a free room in our home for a future creature to inhabit, that is a close as I am willing to get to the baby in the future issue, since I know all of you thought I was going to post big baby news.


My inspiration photos. I want neutrals, light and airy and texture from wood, glass, leather...you know the deal. Perfect for creating and displaying art.

Requirements for my own little slice of heaven: 1. record player!!! 2. Bar, old fashioned bar a la madmen 3. Sexy lighting 4. A place to nap. 5. Chocolate Mouse in the fridge at all times.

20 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME news! How excited you must be! The space looks so great. Ready to transform into your own. I'm jealous now. I want a big airy, bright loft to take my pups to! Can't wait to see it come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I throw my hat into the ring for the chance to be a new helper?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Place looks great, I am sure it will be amazing once decorated.
    I would love to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful for you! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister, I am SO beyond stoked for you! Not only is this space allll kinds of rad, but to make it your own fort where you can be free to create, well, anything?? I give that a big BOO YA. Can't wait to see the fabulous unfold!

    P.S. I would run someone over with my car for some chocolate mousse right now. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That is super exciting! I'm sure it will be a mecca for all things awesome and creative in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 27, 2011

    As a fellow artist (living in NC) I can feel your excitement. So happy for you. Now I am expecting to see much more greatness come to life.
    xoxo DMD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Yay! Yay! I am totally rejoicing with you. (this is waaaay better news than a baby announcement) Looks like I'm gonna have to plan a little trip to Georgia! Keep us posted so I know when to book my hotel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for you! My brother in law and his wife just moved to Decatur so I will definitely plan to meet you in the future when we do eventually visit them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so exciting! I hope this new space is truly inspirational for you.
    xo, {with fingers crossed}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm rejoicing! This is so awesome. What a fabulous place. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! We'll kinda be neighbors. :) All that space to spread out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too funny because my partner and I are about to sign the lease on a studio- and we were joking that it was our stu-stu-studio, and that Phil Collins would be on regular rotation. Guess that's what happens when you grow up in the 80s...anyway, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yey.. Congrats! I like the extra space. We can do picnics and jog :D jk. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! Can’t wait to see all that you do. Congrats. It truly will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your paintings. Your studio looks like a fabulous light-filled space to work in (but I'm not so certain about the chocolate "mouse" in the fridge). May you be very happy there :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahahahhah! Yes, YES, I will have chocolate mice all over the place....chocolate mice....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Place! Enjoy :) Love your art too!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts