Gone Fish'n


Ya'll, it is time for a break. I will be gone-no email-no phone calls-nothing! Going to the beach with my sweet honey. What? I can't hear you, I'm eating my weight in shrimp-butter thankyouverymuch.


 If you order something, it will ship out after Monday the 29th. I will also be sending a newsletter on that day, so stay tuned!

I got these photos on the interwebs a while ago, sorry don't know who took them.

Ok, wait, one last thing. Stop right now, and make these effing cookies. They are the most delicious cookies I have ever made, not that I have an emmy or anything, but you know.

Recipe adapted by me from a great one over at Orangette

2 cups almond flour
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt
around 1/2- 3/4 a bag of good-quality semisweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 cup light brown sugar (or less!! I always use less and less...and less)
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt. Stir with a whisk until well mixed. Add chocolate chips, and mix well with a spoon.

In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large mixing bowl), combine the butter and sugars. Using the paddle attachment (or the regular beaters of your handheld mixer), mix on medium speed until the mixture is smooth, fluffy, and pale in color about 5 minutes. Add 1 egg, and mix to incorporate. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula; then add the remaining egg and the vanilla extract. Continue mixing until incorporated, about 1 minute. The batter should look very fluffy, almost like frosting. Remove the bowl from the mixer, if using, and scrape down its sides again.

Using a rubber spatula, gently fold half of the dry ingredients into the batter. After the first half is fully incorporated, add the second, and continue folding until all of the flour has been absorbed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 days. [If you can convince yourself and your husband not to just eat it all raw, cook them as fast ast you can. What are you waiting for? For the Love of God, put them in the oven.]
When you are ready to bake the cookies, position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.



Cook them until the edges are nice and brown, and the center is just puffy and smooth. Yumalumadingdong

Comments

  1. Now I am just so jealous that I can't stand it. And if you were actually staying at that house in the second pic, I was planning on hunting you down and crashing your vacation.
    :) Hope you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like just the greatest getaway. I am making the cookies as well!! After I have some shrimp with melted butter!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, OK, when you get back from Shrimpfest 2011 (wish I was there, btw) consider this: your vision on fabric, as in silk. I think I need to WEAR your paintings a la scarf, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via Simple lovely. So glad i did, your paintings are beautiful and your blog is great! Hope your having a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fantastic get away, I need to do that to time for a break!!! Enjoy! Trudy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts