Monday, July 30
UPDATE: Thank you to all 80 something of you who applied. The position has been filled, and I can't wait to introduce you to our newest gal, she is so bad-ass ya'll!
Friends, my little studio is growing and I need more hands on deck. I found the amazing Kristi, and Buff through this blog, so I am reaching out to you again. Please take a look at this post and pass it along to a friend if it isn't right for you.
Listen up folks, this job is rad to the max. You get to style photo shoots, and order supplies! Also you get to cut stuff out for me (oooohhhh) and create fun content for blogging and such. You also will be in charge of all shipping and customer service, which is pretty simple actually, especially because I personally take care of the bat-shit-crazy people. Sending files to the printer! Making new prints in house! Planning events, conception of new ideas for growth and PR. Oh my!
Here is the best part: you get to learn, first hand about making it on your own as an artist. I am here to teach you and guide you in your own path, so utilize this opportunity and take the plunge. I need a person who will stay with me long term, who will grow their position, become indispensable and get paid much more! Starting pay is decent, and I can divulge the juicy details when I get your mind-blowing response email.
1. Detail oriented. Extremely Organized.
2. Adaptable/Self Reliant person who is a flexible and fast learner.
3. Photoshop/Illustrator knowledge. Basic photography/styling skills. Internet research skills, with experience in blogging, or other social media.
4. At least 20 hours a week is required but please be willing to be flexible.
1. Processing shipping labels and managing all shipping domestic and international.
2. Maintaining prints both in house and through our vendors.
3. Managing customer service via email, both individual clients and vendors.
4. Maintaining, and ordering supplies, keeping the studio running smoothly doing whatever task might be necessary.
5. PR skills may include managing events, researching new opportunities, organizing events for the studio and growing visibility through social media.
6. Tasks may evolve, and include physically packing up orders, running errands and some graphic design.
7. Styling photo shoots, art directing online material.
I need someone who can handle change at short notice and go with the flow. You must be proactive and extremely organized (if anyone has described you as anal, we want you!) I need a person I can depend on to go above and beyond for our clients and for the us. Potential for growth in salary and hours.
Position is in Decatur, Ga. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “assistant” in the subject line.
If you think you may be the right person for half of these requirements, shoot me an email anyway, it never hurts to try.
Cue peppy 50's era music and narrator... Here it is, demystified and laid plain; how commissioning a painting works. Lets use my clien...
These are our chairs. I went, I sat, I decided. Dark brownish gray velvet. Amen. On another note, that Sheila B living room was probabl...
Last weekend O and I celebrated our anniversary in New York. We took that trip to Portland in September kinda also to celebrate our annivers...
Today is a day to be thankful of progress and drive in the midst of it all. When you can't see too far ahead but you go forward anyway. ...
First things first, lets sets set some ground rules. I really have no idea what I am doing, but I hope what I have to say is helpful, I trul...
Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words for my post yesterday. I felt so much better after I wrote it, as I knew I would. Cheers t...
Third time in two months I have seen Sense and Sensibility ...I heart Jane Austen, but I don't think we would have been friends if I ...
Working on a commission today for the gallery. This is the second go. I had to paint over the first attempt. I don't mind when that hap...
...well almost. Went with a fireclay farmhouse sink , as you can see (my folks are re-doing their kitchen so they bought the double bowl a...
Beautiful wedding images from days gone by, that I saved years ago for my own wedding inspiration. I ended up being too harried to act...