Thursday, July 12
Tag, I am it. OK, I have been tagged by Ma Vie en Rose.
I have to expose 7 dirty secrets, I mean, 7 regular secrets about myself and then tag 7 other unsuspecting blog-a-teers. Prepare to be shocked and awed!
1. I LOVE Abraham Lincoln, ever since I was a kid. I read every book I can about him, he is my role model.
2. Just like my tagger, Halloween was my fave holiday growing up. Any excuse to make funny noises and wear make-up. Once I was a cranky pregnant lady, and my brother was Watson, but everyone thought we were a couple, and once I was Carol Burnett.
3. I think of design in terms of problem solving, and I would like to work in a medium that distills that issue to it's most basic parts, pure and simple.
4. I hate cats, like if I see one from across town, my skin crawls. (but I am never mean to them)
5. When I am stressed I design things in my head, I even have my dream workshop in there, and I also created my dream apartment, and I remodel a lot, so much cheaper in my imagination.
6. I kinda wish I had gone to culinary school and become a personal chef.
7. I have Synesthesia, it means I associate all numbers and letter forms with colors, also emotions have colors and so forth. That is how I do math 6 is teal and 4 is violet and I just know they make 10 b/c of those two colors, I don't even think about the number 10. I can remember phone numbers I dialed 5 years ago just by thinking about the key pad and the colors. Crazy.
OK, I tag, Poof Your a Frog, Bloesem, Happy Cavalier, Hoping for Happy Accidents, Silk Felt Soil, Inside Design, Lena Corwin.
Posted by Michelle at 7:43 AM
Cue peppy 50's era music and narrator... Here it is, demystified and laid plain; how commissioning a painting works. Lets use my clien...
These are our chairs. I went, I sat, I decided. Dark brownish gray velvet. Amen. On another note, that Sheila B living room was probabl...
Last weekend O and I celebrated our anniversary in New York. We took that trip to Portland in September kinda also to celebrate our annivers...
Today is a day to be thankful of progress and drive in the midst of it all. When you can't see too far ahead but you go forward anyway. ...
First things first, lets sets set some ground rules. I really have no idea what I am doing, but I hope what I have to say is helpful, I trul...
Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words for my post yesterday. I felt so much better after I wrote it, as I knew I would. Cheers t...
Third time in two months I have seen Sense and Sensibility ...I heart Jane Austen, but I don't think we would have been friends if I ...
Working on a commission today for the gallery. This is the second go. I had to paint over the first attempt. I don't mind when that hap...
Hey lovers. Wanna hear what I have to say about art? Check this out . Thanks Bianca for interviewing me!
...well almost. Went with a fireclay farmhouse sink , as you can see (my folks are re-doing their kitchen so they bought the double bowl a...