Thursday, July 12
Tag, I am it. OK, I have been tagged by Ma Vie en Rose.
I have to expose 7 dirty secrets, I mean, 7 regular secrets about myself and then tag 7 other unsuspecting blog-a-teers. Prepare to be shocked and awed!
1. I LOVE Abraham Lincoln, ever since I was a kid. I read every book I can about him, he is my role model.
2. Just like my tagger, Halloween was my fave holiday growing up. Any excuse to make funny noises and wear make-up. Once I was a cranky pregnant lady, and my brother was Watson, but everyone thought we were a couple, and once I was Carol Burnett.
3. I think of design in terms of problem solving, and I would like to work in a medium that distills that issue to it's most basic parts, pure and simple.
4. I hate cats, like if I see one from across town, my skin crawls. (but I am never mean to them)
5. When I am stressed I design things in my head, I even have my dream workshop in there, and I also created my dream apartment, and I remodel a lot, so much cheaper in my imagination.
6. I kinda wish I had gone to culinary school and become a personal chef.
7. I have Synesthesia, it means I associate all numbers and letter forms with colors, also emotions have colors and so forth. That is how I do math 6 is teal and 4 is violet and I just know they make 10 b/c of those two colors, I don't even think about the number 10. I can remember phone numbers I dialed 5 years ago just by thinking about the key pad and the colors. Crazy.
OK, I tag, Poof Your a Frog, Bloesem, Happy Cavalier, Hoping for Happy Accidents, Silk Felt Soil, Inside Design, Lena Corwin.
Posted by Michelle at 7:43 AM
These are our chairs. I went, I sat, I decided. Dark brownish gray velvet. Amen. On another note, that Sheila B living room was probabl...
Cue peppy 50's era music and narrator... Here it is, demystified and laid plain; how commissioning a painting works. Lets use my clien...
Third time in two months I have seen Sense and Sensibility ...I heart Jane Austen, but I don't think we would have been friends if I ...
First things first, lets sets set some ground rules. I really have no idea what I am doing, but I hope what I have to say is helpful, I trul...
Beautiful wedding images from days gone by, that I saved years ago for my own wedding inspiration. I ended up being too harried to act...
Working on a commission today for the gallery. This is the second go. I had to paint over the first attempt. I don't mind when that hap...
This really cute mood board over Snippet and Ink reminds me of my new painting... Harry, 48x48
So I decided to do a Calendar this year. Whuppeee. 13x19, features my Antonia painting, signed, $30 usd. Printed using archival inks on ...
What ho! So, in the sick haze this last week, I have been bolstered by my favorite duo, Jeeves and Wooster. Based on the stories and book...
I simply love this idea. I admit that when Emily from Once Wed stopped by to pick up a few things from my studio, I was surprised that she...