Remember when I said it would be fun if we got some people together in Atlanta to chat about being awesome artists and stuff? Well here is is folks. The image above is a flyer, so drag it onto your desktop and post it anywhere you like, if you want to be cool that is.
1. I struggled with the name. I wanted something that harkens back to the old suffragette ladies gatherings, in the old fashioned sounding name. But in the end I decided to take the word ladies out all together.
2. Some folks I spoke to said it should be all women, others said to mix it up. Here is what I want: honestly, a feminine energy is what I am visualizing. But, I don't want to run anyone off. Plus it made the name really long to have "ladies" in it. Also, see photo of man on roller-skates, its inclusive right?
3. Thats right, The Livingston. I chose a public spot b/c its easier for everyone involved. Its a beautiful, very Atlanta place that feels special and it feels good to be in there on account of it being so pretty. Also, its pretty centrally located, and with free valet parking, one less thing to worry about. Buy your own drinks and food, duh.
4. "Lets get together to chat..." I figured we can just see who comes, and have a nice time being a part of something cool. I am not going to be giving speeches or anything ya'll, cue eye roll.
5. I want this group to be about business owners, or business dreamers in the arts to exchange ideas and make valuable connections, vent and chat and gossip. Designers, artists, illustrators, makers of any kind, photographers, sewers, knitters, potters...you get the picture.
What: First ever Southern Creative Social Society meet-up (happy hour)
When: Thursday, August 1st, 6:30pm-?
Where: The Livingston in the Georgian Terrace Hotel