ahhhhh....its the start of a new year. Isn't that just the most exciting! Clean slate, goals to meet, work to be done! Rewards to look forward to! This year O and I decided that we are going to work hard and save money. Last year was a doozy for our resources: we had that never-ending-from-hell-remodel, many trips to Amsterdam, New York twice, Seattle, Florida and I can't remember where else... Not to mention we adopted our little buggabo. Damn it was a year and a half!
This year O and I are going to make a mood board for our 2015! We have goals like save up a lot of money and you know what has been coming to mind non stop? This:
Thats me, swimming in money! Other 2015 goals for me are as follows.
1. Squash Autoimmune Disease!! Last year I went full Paleo on my own ass and it has been the latest breakthrough for me/us. I have been healthier than ever and my new diet has so much to do with it. I love having energy, not having to worry about tummy paint or headaches or skin rashes, bone aches, fatigue and the pooping...oh the pooping.
2. Be my own trainer. I have been working out with a trainer who I adore for a few years now. Ever since I had Alia I realized that its so hard to schedule workouts and its better for me to go to the gym when it suits me. Also I moved from Pilates to weight training and cardio training and I missed Pilates so much. I decided that I have to make my own workouts that combine Pilates, weight training, stretching and cardio. Its been a lot of fun so far! Its amazing to be able to workout on my own again and not hurt myself!
3. Stockpile money for our future adventures.
4. Make new friends! I am so blessed to have many truly meaningful friendships in my life so this goal is really just a continuation of that. Its a resolve to see my loved ones more often, and to make the effort to get to know people who I like as well!
5. Ground myself emotionally and maintain boundaries. Do you have a problem with boundaries sometimes? I know that I do. I tend to be a fixer, a solver. I like problem solving and when someone I love is having a problem, I want to fix it! You know what I have learned though? I have learned that not everyone thinks the same way that I do, and my spending time and energy and angst trying to solve their problems doesn't mean that they are going to see things my way and make their situation better for themselves the way that I think they should. I need to teach Alia to take ownership of her life and I will be an example of that for her I hope, but I also need to teach her not to drain herself trying to "fix" others, and that its ok to keep your emotional reserves safely tucked away when you are faced with the trauma of others. It isn't selfish. In fact I know in my heart that by constantly mourning the problems of others when my help is not effective is a waste of energy and as hard as it is I must accept, save my emotional energy and engage elsewhere. sigh.
6. Paint, and draw fearlessly. I am going to hone my craft, expand and pick up old mediums that I haven't touched since I was a child! I used to draw portraits constantly, but now I lack the confidence so I am going to work on that. I am going to grow and expand and paint what I want, what I truly love to see and put it out there even if you all hate it!
What about you? Any major goals that you are really excited about this year?
Cue peppy 50's era music and narrator... Here it is, demystified and laid plain; how commissioning a painting works. Lets use my clien...
These are our chairs. I went, I sat, I decided. Dark brownish gray velvet. Amen. On another note, that Sheila B living room was probabl...
Last weekend O and I celebrated our anniversary in New York. We took that trip to Portland in September kinda also to celebrate our annivers...
Today is a day to be thankful of progress and drive in the midst of it all. When you can't see too far ahead but you go forward anyway. ...
First things first, lets sets set some ground rules. I really have no idea what I am doing, but I hope what I have to say is helpful, I trul...
Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words for my post yesterday. I felt so much better after I wrote it, as I knew I would. Cheers t...
Third time in two months I have seen Sense and Sensibility ...I heart Jane Austen, but I don't think we would have been friends if I ...
Working on a commission today for the gallery. This is the second go. I had to paint over the first attempt. I don't mind when that hap...
Hey lovers. Wanna hear what I have to say about art? Check this out . Thanks Bianca for interviewing me!
...well almost. Went with a fireclay farmhouse sink , as you can see (my folks are re-doing their kitchen so they bought the double bowl a...