Chrome and Lucite Barcart

So you know how you can make friends with all sorts of lovely people through blogging? Well, this is a story of three great friends with such good taste and antique chops that they should have a store. Wait, they do! I am talking about the Minty girls, Susie, Nelya and Jenny.


I met Susie (who has a stunning home! and is a very gifted graphic designer) first when I bought some awesome industrial pendants from her, and then she introduced me to her buddies and also her niece Buff, who became my trusty shipping assistant and has probably helped you if you have ever contacted us for anything shipping related. I am pretty much a devoted slave, and last August I asked them if they would go shopping with me, basically if they would just put hot shit in front of my face and tell me what to buy. I bought this bar cart, and a few other goodies.


Minty is pretty special people, and you should be checking it out, I mean it. There is also a rumor that they are going to start an online presence for everyone not lucky enough to live driving distance. Minty is located at the Antique Factory (the best spot in the city as far as I am concerned.)


Back to the bar cart! It fits so perfectly in this spot, and I specifically wanted something airy, but cozy. The lamp has been around since we moved to Atlanta, and the artwork is by Erin McIntosh, and I feel so honored to have it in my home! I love her work, I discovered her because she also shows at Gergg Irby Fine Art, the gallery I work with in Atlanta. I hope I get to meet her one day, I have an artist crush on her. This is the second piece I have from the gallery, remember the Lulie Martin painting I got?


Those blue horses are ceramic, and I bought them at an outdoor market in Sevilla last month. I don't know why, but I love them so much. Randomly I also bought that little, blue antique ink well from Sevilla, but 12 years ago from an antique shop near my house. Also, just in case you are curious, the brass crab came from High Street Market (love!). Golly I have been meaning to show this to you guys for a long time, I love it!

Comments

  1. Um, yeah, this little corner is perfection. And if the Minty gals get on the interwebs with their collection, I'm afraid many of us would find our incomes plundered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sweet. As is the little collection of blue creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, you are sooo kind. That bar cart looks beyond fabulous in your spectacular home. We have to get together again soon! I miss you! And... we have a couple of stunning benches that you won't be able to resist. :-) Thank you again for your kind words. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy BALLS. That bar cart makes my bar cart want to be a better person. And less brassy. Story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Michelle, where do I begin! Thank you so much for the accolades, but seriously girl, you don't need us as style arbiters. Your home is absolutely beautiful and inviting and is a perfect reflection of its amazing inhabitants. I am absolutely insane over the bar cart. It looks like it was meant to be in that very spot. You've styled it beautifully. In fact, we had a little brass crab that sold- just like yours! I think my favorite part are those blue horses. I have a strange weakness for anything animal, big or small...especially in brass. Now I want to see the little metal side table/stool and the awesome floor lamp. Basically, I just love your home!

    Thank you, xo-nelya

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! So sophisticated and yet still eclectic. Those Minty girls sound superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest little blue horsies EVER! And I love the crab too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the styling...and the artwork, is that a papercut?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, yes, that is a papercut! Isn't it so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing...who is the artist?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful all around! I love the bar cart- and the artwork! Your home looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts