eBay and searching your inner depths


Stuff that I am lusting after on the eBay.


This weekend I rested, a lot. I also painted, b/c I have a back log of commissions to finish. I want to finish them so badly because after I am done with them I will be done with commissions in general. For a while at least. I need a break. I do have a waiting list though, so contact me if you are totally bummed out by this news :)



I was at a meeting of like minded art-entrepreneurs and we were all moaning and groaning about commissions. I actually love painting commissions, I love my clients and I love the challenge. What I am craving right now though is experimentation! Adventure! Time to evolve and try something scary and intimidating. You see, I believe that when you venture into that area of the unknown, and the uncomfortable you actually are time traveling into the future you just haven't realized yet.

Do you ever have that suspended reality feeling when you are going head first into something totally new and un-tested? I can tell you honestly that there are tons of aspects of my carear were I felt exactly like a swimmer in a cold, dark lake; totally blind and scared and not really sure what the hell I was doing there. HA! What about you, if you could be fearless, what would you do?

Comments

  1. ha! that top rug is on my lust list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I were fearless I would buy that runner...and paint with those colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is where i'm at right now, first year of grad school.. discovering what i want to do and how i'll do it. the world is SO (maybe too?) open for me! so many questions! good luck with the newness. oh and hella sexy ebay wants. (those rugs! so perfectly faded! mmmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you could be fearless, what would you do? Wow, what an amazing question. You have my wheels turning. In the meantime, your ebay picks are amazing. I hope you treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could drum up the courage to ever be totally fearless and pursue a dream...perhaps someday. Til that day, I'll just drool over your Ebay finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming work, I'm still hoping to acquire a small piece :)
    I can't imagine being fearless, unfortunately I don't think I have it in me. It's hard not knowing if an idea will work. I'm trying out some ideas using digitally printed fabric. I'll start small and test the waters. I'm not really I jump in sort of girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO not fearless. But right now I'm itching for a little adventure, so I'm pestering John to take an international assignment with work. Living abroad for 3 or 4 years would definitely invoke some fear, but I think it would be worthwhile! Poland? China? Scotland? Holland? South Africa? Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so awesome! Great responses. Michelle, you guys will have a blast, we want to have an adventure too. Maybe San Francisco?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all of these rugs!
    I am trying to be fearless now - taking more control of where I want my future to go. If I were really fearless I would share my work with the world like you do! I'm working on it - making new work - so that I can share it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, that first rug is crazy gorgeous. Second, please tell me there are much better parts of Atlanta than the center of downtown where we always stay. I am trying to convince my husband that staying right above the Underground is sketchy and there are better options. Third, If I could do something brave I would be pushing my art all over the place. And fourth of all....how friggin' amazing is it that Anthro is selling your work??!!!!?? I am so excited for you. Woo Hoo! Go Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come to Australia Michelle, we all would love your paintings and you would love us. Australia is a great country to live. Especiall Melbourne!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts