Paige Maitland is awesome


It happend so fast! One day I am instagram chatting with a cutie pie photographer and then the next day she is in my studio hanging out with me. Paige came over last week and I don't know exactly why but I felt like I had known her for a long time already. Right off the bat we started talking about deep stuff, and being honest about life. Isn't that funny how it happens like that. So we had total chemistry and I really think it shows in the stunning photos of my studio and moi! I feel self conscious having my photo taken lately, or in the last few years so I was hesitant at first, but that lasted about two seconds. I am such a control freak when it comes to aesthetics, but I could tell right away that I was going to really dig Paige's perspective and eye, and that I was going to love seeing things through her lens.



I had so much fun. Thank yo Paige for taking time out of your crazy busy life to come and visit! 


I told you that my desk was a shrine to O. Here you have it.


Always trying to promote places I love in Atlanta, I made a list of "must eat" places around here.






I love my Klimpt book that I got in New York at the Neue Gallery. My favorite bracelet for good luck, and my Tom Ford sunglasses. 


I wish I had taken the time to actually style my hair...already fantasizing about cutting it all off again!


I have samples of all of these prints chilling out here. Everyone who comes in here thinks that they are original paintings. I am proud of how well they turned out.


It is hard for me to paint while having a conversation with someone else, but in this case I managed pretty well. These images remind me of the last time I had a portrait taken here in my studio, and I am reminded about how much my life and body has changed since then. I felt energetic and normal, not sweaty and shaky like last time. I feel like I am on the cusp of a real turn around to normalcy for me. Or rather, I am turning the bend but I just can't quite see around it yet...I bet its a really pretty view.

Paige shoots weddings, portrait sessions, family sessions or anything you want. Contact her here!

I know I will be having her come shoot for me again, if even just to get a sneaky reason to hang out with her. Some day we will have to compile a "book" for our adoption process. A way for prospective birth mothers to see what our lives and families are like. I will for sure call Paige then to capture us and our lives, what a great idea Michelle. Why thank you Michelle, yes it is.

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm diggin' the hair. (But I totally get the desire to cut it... I share your "issue" with ever changing hair lengths.) But more importantly... the pics are stunning... you, the art, the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She captured you and your studio so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous! Everything looks amazing :) I am dying to know your "must eat" places here in Atlanta - share please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I can do a post about that soon :)

      Delete
  5. I love that your hair is not styled. you look very relaxed and real and beautiful. and I have to mention your booty in those jeans (meow)...just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love paige and was pretty much squealing when i knew you'd be her next featured artist. win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're pretty awesome too! You look gorgeous as does your studio and your work. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Next, who know, maybe a video of you painting? Cause, you know, some people might think it's fun to see you in action... ;-) wink, wink (me, me!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your donkey is donktastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to you all. I love how they turned out, as I knew they would. Also I will have to tell my trainer how popular my ass has been! We have been working very hard on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle you look so natural & stunning in these photos - just like you are in real life! It's like I was in the studio right there with you - great captures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great compliment! Thanks Laurie.

      Delete
  12. Our first canvas print just arrived. We are hoping to meet you in person sometime. Are you going to be in MI anytime this year?
    Kristin Meekhof- Safford

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your work are so gorgeous! I just love when you meet a new friend and there's that chemistry. It's such an energizing feeling :) The pictures look fabulous. I especially like your stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the hair is perfect! Two talented ladies....your studio and her photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I find a cool rubber stamp like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just drew it out on paper and uploaded it to rubberstamps.com. They have a laser cutter and it looks exactly like the drawing!

      Delete
  16. MICHELLE! I just saw this. I love you. You're great. Can't wait to work together again. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Please let me know if you ever have free time in Atlanta :)
      Loved having you, can't wait to work together again!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts