My Fair Lady



My Fair Lady was my favorite movie when I was a kid. I remember snugly afternoons, watching it and then dancing around the house and singing. I can sing every word to every song....I still love it so much. Now, I appreciate it for it's 1964 beauty and I had so much fun checking out these images on the web. I heard "I could have danced all night..." wafting in from the living room where NPR was playing and I just couldn't get it out of my head. There you have it.




I love her hats! "I'm a good girl I am!"



Audry Hepburn looks lovely just sitting around, waiting to shoot.


Oh how I used to dance around with my invisible price pretending my hair was that high, and my neck that be-jeweled. In fact once I tried to recreate that look and rubbed zest soap all in my waist long hair....it took hours to get out, but it was sooo worth it. (I believe there were some socks in the shirt too, don't tell anyone)

Comments

  1. LOVE this film. It's one of my favorite musicals ..might be my favorite. I adore Audrey!I love the jumper she wears with the violets at the waste:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It was one of the movies I always watched over and over with my grandma, along with Hello Dolly. I still wish I could dress like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Cecil Beaton was a true master of his craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sisters were 17 and 15 when they figured out that the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain, not plane.

    We need to bring extravagant hats back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this film too! I can spend a rainy after noon watching all of these old movies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love her, and just adore these images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, I love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the hats! I think I love her most when she's just sitting around being herself, though. She's simple and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, this is one of my favorites too!! I love all of these photographs, and even more I love the way you wrote this post.... it gave me a little chuckle at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about Audrey Hepburn. Her style, her mannerisms, her light outlook on life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts