Vintage Dooney and Bourke


Even though I am not buying any of these, I can't help browsing on eBay, what is the deal?

I never liked Dooney and Bourke bags, I guess because in the 90's, while I was trying to find my fashionable voice, it was oh so chic to wear the long skinny bags dangling off of one skinny shoulder (also draped in a large t-shirt sleeve...ewww)...mingling with the long, stringy hair that was so popular to wear down and loose. I have this image of a girl in my middle school burned in my mind, and it isn't flattering, can you tell? But lately....the worn, caramel leather and refreshing lack of hardware is sort of making me rethink...one, two, three, four, five.

Comments

  1. I definitely like these a lot better than current Dooney and Bourke bags. These are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing these classic designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda cool. i get get around the vintage d&b bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! I love your paintings!!! Thanks for the comment-love on my blog :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so classic. would last forever. a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, i remember hating d&b bags in the 90s, too. as with leggings, i've now learned that the it was the ensemble, not one specific item, that made the late 80s and early 90s so awful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have a love of vintage bags. I like some of the small clutches, but have to admit that most of my bags are big enough to carry around a baby rhino, should I ever wish to do so.

    Edward thanks you for your compliment. He loves being told he's cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been a fan of D&B, but these look good! (I stalk vintage Coach myself)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts