I'm out NERDS!


O and I are going to spend the holiday weekend with my folks at Lake Shanteetlah in North Carolina. They have a home there, way up in the mountains, close to the most pristine lake you have ever clapped your peepers on. Goodbye nasty, sweaty, mosquito infested Atlanta, hello cool breezes, shady naps on the hammock, swimming!, off-roading adventures in dad's jeep, and roughly 12 hours of sleep a night. HELLS YES!


Not to mention hanging with my folks is great. Last time we were there I am pretty sure I sprang my tongue laughing whilst trying to keep a ball of peanut butter in my mouth. Very hard to do when dad is showing you the fart application he has on his new phone. I think I am having sympathy tongue pains again.

Who else's dad wears Hawaiian shirts with ladies on them?

Comments

  1. The very thought of 12 hours (!) of continuous sleep makes me want to cry. NO fair. But, the vision of your dad's awesome shirt makes me smile. I guess we're even.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thats just cruel. I just wrote a post this week about my love of North Carolina. AND you have such awesome parents?
    Well now I just want to cry.

    Promise you'll take lots of pictures so I can get my lust/angst on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend! Look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, how funny!! Your parent's place looks spectacular!! Love your dad's shirt!! Yeah, my dad has a vest w/maps on it.....where do they get these??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds awesome. I'll be doing something similar, only in Maine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful!
    And your dad's shirt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I've been following your blog for quite a while now and I like it, but recently the background colours changed, so the text it almost unreadable and the very, very blue colour is not so nice to look at. Maybe you could change the colours a little? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like heaven. Happy Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katerine, I am sorry you are having a hard time reading my blog. I am not actually printing in blue, the background is white with gray text. When did this change happen for you? I would love to help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts