My Morrocan RUG!


Whew, this has been a killer couple of weeks. I stabbed my left hand, needed stitches, finished the kitchen, had my birthday, got a rug... (and new bed linens, things are happening in the bedroom, but that is a tale for another post) So many, I am not sure where to start. Well, thats not true, lets start with the rug...

I contacted Maryam from My Marrakesh, I started reading her blog in 2007 when I first learned about blogs. Anyway, I was like hi, um, you wanna do a trade? Well she said yes, I painted three pieces for her, in exchange for some of the price of the rug. In short, I got a killer deal, it shipped in about a week and it arrived all fluffy and purdy. 'member when ya'll voted? Well I chose the one that won, as you can see.




For my bday I decided to buy a ton of flowers, since I had not had any in the house for three months, why bother when the house is such a disaster? These tulips went ape shit. Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do!

Comments

  1. Gosh, your living room looks great! I'm dreaming about one of those pretties... And isn't Maryam a sweetheart? Happy Birthday!

    -Chedva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for this one! It looks so cozy and soft.

    We just got new seagrass rug in our living room because it's so forgiving of spills and dog accidents (errr... if you call an accident something like "I'm mad because you walked him instead of walking me so I'm going to pee here"). I love seagrass, but am envious that you don't have to worry about such things and have your dream rug! Get it, girl.

    You must share the hand stabbing story.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, it sure does photograph pretty. I'd not seen one in person until the other night at Casa Armas. The texture is just sublime. And your home, well it is gorgeous! Thanks again for the invite Michelle, it was so great to finally meet you and your wonderful family!

    xx-nelya

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry about the stabbing, etc! happy birthday! that rug is awesome. your house is looking amazing as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man sorry to hear about the mishaps! hope your hand is better!! and happy belated b-day lady.

    the rug...holy hell. i'm jealous.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomeness! Really makes me want to see more of your house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rug and I LOVE the pink tulips! Reminds me of your paintings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that rug is the stuff dreams are made of. i will not rest until i have one of my own. and it is so awesome in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Jealous...I LOVE those rugs!! I have a teensy teensy sliver of one. Lets see more of your casa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, doll. I hope you had a fabulous birthday. The flowers sure are pretty. And the rug is pretty darn fantastic. It looks so inviting. Who needs a couch? I would want to just lie on that rug all day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful -- just like your entire house! I'm still in complete rapture over your kitchen cabinet pulls. And your cabinet paint color and your stunning chandelier. You've done such a great job. The entire house is not only gorgeous -- but warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks perfect! where is that cool vase from sitting on your coffee table? i need one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gawd...I'm sick with envy :) Beautiful. So sorry about your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the doubtful guest is my favorite book by edward gorey :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The rug looks pretty great from the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts