Today...with Gourmet










For me, winter is the perfect time to year to cook, not just cook, but COOK. Over indulgent things with tempting crusts and succulent meats and hearty soups and lusty chocolate drinks...Since I don't have an enormous family to eat up all of my experiments, Osh and I have guests over quite a bit, (or my neighbors get a little "random cake" visit from me every so often.) This weekend we are having the folks over to give them some gifts (I have been dying to post about this, but I can't until they are in hand b/c my lovely mother-in law reads this blog, hi Linda :)

I just went to the farmer's market and I am going to make this, and this, and this, and this....Golly I am excited. Let you know how it turns out...oh, and even though I can't have any, this!
All images from Gourmet, and my recipes too.

Comments

  1. OH MY! all of this looks so great. you must be an awesome cook, and your guest are LUCKY to be invited over for such deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the sort of food I love to eat too- and thanks to the stereotypical January diet I'm sworn off it for awhile. Why is pie crust, bread and puff pastry so hard on my waistline? It's all I want to eat this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing recipes and images! I agree, your neighbors are lucky lucky people

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy!! And your doggie is adorable, and this blog is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know what you mean! i spent the entire day sunday cooking and baking in the kitchen... to cold to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this mag. two days ago.. I can't wait to try one of the rolls and the short ribs recipe.. yum.. GREAT blog! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish to be your neighbor and get a piece of this pie... But, no, no, i'm ok, I have a baker at home. So I get plenty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh..yummie! Looks delicious!
    Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok- um- YUM! You are making me hungry! That all looks delicious! And I wish I had nice neighbors that brought cakes over! You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts