REALITY CHECK

Update: which band do you prefer? Dixiland Jazz and some more, gosh, I love it. OR, do you like this Maricahi band? it is so festive! but would it be too loud for a patio like the one below? What do YOU think?




HELLO there you dork, ME dork. Do you know that it just, JUST hit me that I am planning a wedding, and that it is not an outdoors, casual, spring affair but an urban, Saturday evening, fall little shindig and it really wouldn't do for me to wear a cotton shift.

Seriously Michelle. It has just occurred to me, people will be staying at the Ritz, I gotta really dress up, and pay attention and make this a beautiful event. You would think that an artist and designer would go crazy for an opportunity like this, but I have been living in denial.

So, I am going to start making more wedding posts, because you, ladies, have excellent taste and I need your advice! Oh, and the Ophthalmologists of the world have decided to descend upon Atlanta on my wedding date, hogging all the hotel rooms and cramping my style! So we had to move the date up a week, 11-15-8. Yeah, that looks pretty good, no?

So, some dress options.


I love this Spanish look; Simple, graphic look; So so Modern; Preppy Lace.

The venue is our fave restaurant, Shauns Social Club.
We are having the ceremony on the patio at sunset, then dinner, and then dancing on the patio...to a swing band? or a bluegrass band? So how 'bout these dresses?

Any suggestions?


Comments

  1. I seriously love that last one with the yellow. It looks so effortless and seems like it would be suited to the venue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig the yellow one too - it has the most personality, definitely not cookie-cutter bride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I like the second (the neckline!) and especially the last one the best. Your plans sound terrific - dancing to a swing band, that would be just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! That location! It has dress number two written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting! those dresses look beautiful, the yellow one is so interesting! also the venue where you will have your reception looks magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you are getting married soon!! so exciting..I love the dress with the yellow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the graphic look & the So so Modern.

    As for the music, think like this: what do you want to be hearing all night long? Do you love any one of those music styles to listen to it all evening long, and on your wedding? maybe that'll help. at the end of the day, it's about what you want to wear and what you want to listen to. so whether mariachi, swing, or jug and banjo... we'll all be happy if u are. 'course, if i were u, I'd get middle eastern music. REALLY shake things up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I change my answer. Love the dixieland jazz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heheh, A, you will not be dissapointed. We will have some Armenian music playing for O's family, and tango and salsa for my family. Can't wait to see you Tango my lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, i love the venue. very clean-lined yet cozy. as for dresses, i think the yellow one would works so well with the restaurants. i have a hard time feeling comfortable in a strapless, but that's just me.

    have you considered something shorter?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress with the yellow band is amazing! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really thing the one with the yellow sash across the top is stunning, so simple, elegant, fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the last one with the yellow, but I think the first dress would look the best. The neckline (or lack of) with the off the shoulders is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. well I like the second one but I think the real magic happens when you try it on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the dresses are lovely! Personally I find the yellow one refresing and I'm guessing it would be the most comfortable to wear (the others seem tight around the torso)?

    With that music and location... that's gonna be one friggen awesome reception! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah: that yellow and white dress is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just saw this blog for the first time and love it!! i actually wore that yellow banded elie tahari dress for my wedding a month ago and it was great!! i love that you had the same idea. which one have you decided on?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts