Art Deco


I didn't always love art deco, even growing up visiting south beach a lot, I never appreciated what I was looking at. A few months ago in Havana I was arrested by the beauty of the art deco buildings, they seemed to look all the more elegant for being neglected. (Its also about accessorizing well, I mean those palm trees are just the thing right?)



Switching gears to gaze upon this elegant mansion. I feel like Poirot is going to waddle out and politely demure to swim with the other guests, using that opportunity to study them and come to miraculous conclusions that we only find out about in the very end. But. Look at those sexy curves.



 I love these rugs, one is like the intro to a scary movie and the other is search beams lights and hypnotized spider rings. Beautiful colors right? I want to put a silver metalic leather something on that, and a sofa in a tight geo pattern in like indigo or something. Super trippy right?


The only thing missing from the photo down here is a vase with dahlias in it, black ones.



Round shapes with interesting angles. 



There are so many of these elements in my paintings. Round, swooping movement, simple repetition, arches in thick and exaggerated scale, geometric elements and bold colors. This piece has a lot of art deco influence, so does this one.




Comments

Popular Posts