Dining room



My color pallet for the dining room.

Hello dorks. You are here, so you might as well hear all about my plans for our dining room. This May, we will have been here one whole year, and we still do not use our dining room. Mostly b/c it is a huge room, the heart of the house, and we have almost no furniture in it. BUT, I have been work in hard to change that. Meet our new dining table, hello there sexy.





Remember that love seat I bought, I had a hard time figuring out what to do with it, but then I saw this photo, and yes, I knew. I will upholster it in a bright blue linen, gray rug and Lucite table (that part I already knew I wanted.) Accent pillow fabric ideas above.


Now some rug ideas, this one is very tempting from Overstock, b/c it looks more expensive than it is, doesn't it. It has sold out since yesterday, but I am sure it will come back. This one too! Wow, when I find something I like, I better buy it up.

Next up is another photo inspiration. I would like the dining room to be a hang out, library, eating sort of space. So I think two wing back chairs (high enough to pull up to a table, but loungy enough to chill out in,) in green or blue ikat is perfect.


Some ideas from my fave fabric spot in Atlanta. Can't really tell what the fabric would look like with these samples, but you get the idea.

Comments

  1. I love all your inspiration...the lead glass window in the first shot is breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a sexy dining table (those legs!). And I like the idea of lucite in there, too. You're killing me with all of that ikat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love "hearing" hello dorks as i watch liz lemon on hulu and multitask the hell outta some blog reading. nice graphic choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your color palette. Where did you get your dining table -- it's gorgeous! { There was one like it on Craigslist not too long ago... } And the ikat fabrics are stunning. The 2nd one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dining table is gorgeous and i'm dying over all that ikat!

    we got a rug for our dining room from overstock a while back and i LOVE it...great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also in love with all the ikats and lovely warm grays. My design showroom pal back in 2004 said they would become huge, he was damn right :) Like that your blog is turning interior design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining table is beautiful! Gorgeous lines. And thanks for the heads up on the ikats. Just what I was looking for...never thought to check LS online.

    I'm so glad to have come across your blog today. Your art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabric picks and I am always ordering samples from L & S. Fabric shopping in Wilmington is pitiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts