Hibernation Days


Yesterday I didn't intend to take a hibernation day, but it totally happened anyway. I was very social this weekend you see. And being a total introvert, I needed to recharge from all that fun interaction with some hermiting. A few years ago when I was seeking a holistic approach to healing my adrenal fatigue, I learned about "hibernating." It means you have to be horizontal all day long, no TV, just knitting, or books. No stimulating (example the news, contentious conversations, confrontations with your spouse about why the hell the laundry is all over the place!!). I like to prepare for these days by letting O know its going to happen, so he can help me tidy the house up. Everything has to be clean and neat for me to enjoy myself. I get in bed, totally break the no TV rule and hang out and sleep intermittently and snuggle puppies and lay around and daydream. Oh, and the sheets must be clean too, with clean puppies as well. You know...I may be more high maintenance that I originally thought.

 I took some screen shots because I like the interiors of this movie.
 
OMG, what does Liam Neeson do? Something creative with computers and drafting tables. The books!! The art!! The turtle neck sweaters!!



Teehee, its so ten years ago! I love that they have cordless phones at home, and the muted colors and its fun isn't it. I love that kids art behind them in the hallway, the light filled rooms...



I like these cozy rooms. They look dated now don't they?

Here we see real life slimeball whatshisface dancing around N. 10 Downing Street. I like the portraits and the wall color.
 Yes, I know I am super lucky that I get to do that. But, I do routinely work weekends, and every day in a row for forever and nights and what have you. So...

I decided to watch Love Actually yesterday. Why are romantic comedies from the late 90's, early 2000's so much better? Sliding Doors anyone? French Kiss? You've Got Mail???


I love movies set in big cities, London is especially cozy, and I love female protagonists who go through hell and end up on top, naturally. In Love Actually I really just wanted to look at the pretty interiors, and my boyfriend Alan Rickman is in it. He is a dream boat. If I were that secretary of his I would be all hot and bothered too, but I sure as hell wouldn't to to wedge my overly perky boob into his family.

ps. Hilarious!

Comments

  1. I just recently watched this myself. I think my sister mentions it every once in a while and I remember watching it in the theater and just being pretty meh about it. I thought if I watch it again maybe I will appreciate it more now, but no still meh (plotwise). But I absolutely do agree about the 90s movies, Nottinghill, hello! And yes, yes, on Sliding Doors. My best friend has never seen this and it comes up in conversation all the time. I really do think often about how different decisions can result in different endings and possible alternative time realities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sliding doors is the best!! I love it. Just love it. I got a short haircut from that movie, I love how she starts her own biz :) I agree that Love Actually is Meh, but its pretty to look at.

      Delete
  2. I love hermit days. Problem is, with kids and work, they usually only come around when I have a full-on flu or horrible cold, which is probably the body telling the soul, "It's time to hermit." Thanks for the movie recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the romantic comedies of that same era! I want to be entertained when I give up that much time not filled with anxiety and sadness. Hope you felt better afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own Love Actually. It's such an easy movie to watch. And I have always loved that house!! All the white, yet it feels warm. And the layout is great.
    I've never seen Sliding Doors. Guess I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lordy! Sliding doors is sooo good. I love it. Enjoy my friend :)

      Delete
  5. I swear we could be twins with what and how you just described the hibernation day requirements. I own and have no shame in watching and crying over - Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral, High Fidelity, About a Boy. The list goes on and on. Good for you for taking care of yourself. Can I ask what adrenal stuff is happening? My last visit to my Naturopath had lots of "bad adrenals" type talk. Apparently mine are shut off/clogged and not receiving/putting out anything. No sugar or grain for 90 days. That's no bread, wine or Halloween,Thanksgiving, Xmas ANYTHING for me. Hooray...You all go have fun. I'll be in the corner gnawing on my tree bark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I love all of those movies! Yes, I cry pretty much anytime there is anything remotely emotional, especially nice things. I am sooo sorry about your adrenals! That diet sounds right, and its not so hard once you get going. You can have a tiny treat now and again, but very spaced out and once you start feeling better, you won't care about that stuff anymore. I have been doing the no wine for about a month now, its not bad at all! Just make sure you eat plenty of food that you can eat, cuz if you are hungry its easier to make bad choices :) My adrenals are sluggish, and so is my thyroid, soooo I feel yah.

      Delete
  6. love the idea of a hibernation day, feeling need the need for one of those right now. Cheesy Rom coms are the best, I love watching them and crying at all the emotional bits, so cathartic.
    cx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts