Greetings from 4am



Do you have a hard time sleeping? Maybe not in general, but sometimes, when you are so stressed out you dream that your dog has an evil twin, and you can't tell them apart...and a cute, sweet elephant decides to eat you...classic stress nightmares. Well, hello from 4am-sitting in my bathrobe drying off from a 3:30am shower. (somehow, even more refreshing that the usual variety) A shower always makes me feel better, if I feel a good cry comming on...into the shower I go. In times of turmoil in my life, I would estimate a good 3 showers a day ought to do it....please don't send me environmental hate mail. 

So I got on my computer and started answering comments...and I meandered on to Design Lovely's breathtaking post about a hike near her home in Hawaii. And just looking at that vast, beautiful ocean makes me feel better, smaller, and less significant and that is lovely, lovely right now. Now all I need is a burger! Right! A frigg'n cheesburger....perhaps an elephant cheese burger...just kidding. Please don't send me animal rights hate mail.

What makes you feel better when you are spent to an inch of your life? 

Comments

  1. I love the colors of these photos. Moody blues and greens. I think you and I am on the same cycle of sorts with moods. I like the idea of the shower. Never thought of that before. Hope you got that cheeseburger or get it today. Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey baby! It's Osh. I love your post... made me laugh. What made me laugh even more is now I understand why there is a takeout box with a half eaten cheeseburger that appeared in the fridge overnight. I was like... 'what black magic is this?!!' ... Love O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting on the floor while my pets crawl all over me. Nothing better. Also, talking to my mom on the phone, burying my nose in a good novel, or watching one of my more indulgent TV shows (usually on Bravo). The tricky part is always staying away from online stores that I love because I have a tendency to do some serious damage with retail therapy!

    Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such a hard time sleeping last night too. My children always seem to help me feel better. curling up with them while they are sleeping is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photographs are gorgeous. Such a nice difference than looking out my own window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are sooo darling! :)

    elton john does it for me. better than that, dancing to elton john in your undies with the one you love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the same thing for me--a shower. There's some quality about hot water that has the power to transform. I always come out of the shower feeling like a different person from the one that went in. Sometimes I even shower to jumpstart myself during a bout of writer's block (or just to ward off lagging enthusiasm in general).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to grab a great book or set my laptop up to watch Grey's Anatomy and take a long, super hot bath.

    Hope you get to feeling less stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate those 4 am awake nights! You poor thing. I usually turn to some sort of page turner that has enough action in it to distract me.

    These photos are a good solution, too. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh...i will let you know when i find something. i'm right there with you these days........

    a walk helps sometimes, or music..a certain song, coffee or tea, or yes crying in the shower ;))

    almost all my posts this past week have come somewhere between 1:30-6am!! so like i said, i'm there with ya...

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I feel bad, I have to have dessert! And not ice cream, either. Something baked. And if I bake, I expect not to have to do the dishes!

    Usually, my stress comes from my kids, so I have to have some time alone...maybe with a trashy novel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Thank you so much for posting my photos! Hope you get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got plenty of sleep last night! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts