Death and Company

Last Wednesday was O's and my 9 years of being snuggly anniversary. Nine years past to the day we were driving home from a weekend trip to visit a friend in Mississippi. It was a long drive, and I was super bummed because I thought he didn't like me. I mean allll weekend, and he never made a move on me. I was determined to never see him again! Luckily he reached out to hold my hand, we had our first giggly, sweet kiss and we have been lovey dovey ever since.





To celebrate we took a long walk to dinner, and had a long walk home. We went to Leon's, and boy was I excited when I saw that they have my favorite drink ever back for the fall season. I can't wait to share this with you! Its complex flavor is full of citrus, herbs, warmth from the spicy honey and its strong to ward off the chilly night air. Make it this weekend, I know I will.





Meet Miles, the adorable mustachioed bar tender who let me take pictures of him making my drink. You gotta shake it like a pro!



Don't forget the garnish! It so pretty. I like to serve it with a giant square ice cube, like Leons does. YUM.

1.5oz bourbon (we used wathens)

1oz fresh lemon

.5oz spiced honey syrup*

.25oz green chartreuse

.25oz absinthe

2 dashes angostura bitters. 

Garnish: lemon twist

*Spiced Honey Syrup: 2 parts honey to 1 or 1.5 parts water. Heat on the stove with cinnamon sticks, clove and anise. Strain and add water if too viscose.

Comments

  1. I'm a sucker for bars with library ladders! There's something so awesomely prohibition about them. And that drink sounds amazing. My sister brought me back a bottle of absinthe from her study abroad in France last summer, and I'm thinking this might be the perfect excuse to finally open it...

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love a prohibition feel, sans the mobsters and police raids.

      Delete
  2. YUM! sounds like a drink I would like :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts